Newell’s History

The history of the land that is known as the Newell Region ranges from the time of the dinosaurs at Dinosaur Provincial Park, to the coming of the pioneers and railroad construction. Ranging further to the developments in today’s irrigation agriculture and the oil and gas industry. The County of Newell No. 4 was incorporated on January 1, 1953 through the amalgamation of the Municipal District of Newell No. 28 and part of the Municipal District of Bow Valley No. 40. The County of Newell No. 40 changed names to solely the County of Newell on September 9, 2011.


The Newell Network is owned and operated by the Brooks & District Chamber of Commerce and Grasslands Regional FCSS


southernalberta.com